Monday, June 22, 2009

One Year Ago Today

June 22, 2008

Dear Little One,

Your father and I got the news today. The news of your existence. Oh, the excitement!!! We are in Orlando, FL right now. Your dad had a business trip during my summer break, so I came along. We have been hoping to conceive sometime and lately my body has been giving me signs. I told your dad of my symptoms and he couldn’t wait for me to take a pregnancy test. I wanted to wait a little while longer, but that night the pregnancy was running over his mind so he rolled over to me and whispered in my ear, “I hope you are.” I woke up and grinned. About a week later, my period did not come. So after having French toast at Denny’s this morning, we stopped by Walgreen’s for a pregnancy test. When we got back to the hotel (Hilton Grand Vacations, room 6213) I took the test and was shocked with the super fast results! The box said it would take 2 minutes, but it took less than a few seconds for that little blue line to show up. We are both so excited! We have been waiting for you! The rest of the day was spent relaxing and processing the big news. I feel you are a boy. Maybe twins. I’m guessing maybe 7 weeks along; your dad thinks 6 weeks. Our dog Sabi told me I was pregnant, quiet a few weeks ago, when he kept sniffing me a lot, as if he was catching my new scent, the mommy scent.

Welcome little one.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment