Friday, July 24, 2009

Little Book Worm

I love reading to Julia. I have read to her since the beginning. I read aloud before she was born, while still in my tummy. Even before her ears developed, I read to her. When you sit to read aloud to someone special, you are calm. I knew she could feel this, even if she couldn't hear the words yet.

My favorite book to read to her is The Greedy Python, by Richard Buckley and Eric Carle. However, Julia's favorite book is Twinkle Toes, by Karen Katz.

I read a few books to her earlier today. When I finished the last one, she got upset. She wanted more. That's when I knew she began her love for books.

So I took Julia on her first visit to the library. We found a big cozy chair and we read and read and cuddled and read. She studied each page, listened to the stories, watched people and tried eating each of the books.

We were there until they closed at 5pm. Then, we borrowed books to take home with us.

I'm not sure who loves story time more.

No comments:

Post a Comment