Tuesday, August 4, 2009

30

I turn 30 tomorrow. Today, I took the time to reflect back through my twenties. So many great moments. Marrying Scott. Finishing school. Buying our condo and our house. Getting Sabi our dog and Pixel the cat. Getting laser eye surgery. Visiting family often. Seeing my nephews grow. Teaching my students. Traveling internationally. Best of all... having Julia.

My twenties were good to me. I can't imagine what my thirties have in-store. Whatever it is, I can hardly wait.

My birthday wish...

Healthy family.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 30th birthday Lisa! I wish I was there to sing to you, but this will have to do......
    Happy Birthday to you...
    Happy Birthday to you...
    Happy Birthday Dear Lisa,
    Happy Birthday to you........
    any many more!!!
    Love you,
    Tammy
    P.S. Give Julia a kiss on her cheek from Cousin Tammy and tell her we love her too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday from Mary, Gavin and Brady! We miss you at Dakota Valley, but hope you are all happy and well. I turned 44 on the 4th . . .you will love your thirties! Soon you will see Julia in a new light, that only can be best explained as . . .what I call, "seeing your child with your own parents' eyes" . . .you start to really identify with what your own folks did, said and felt, from a new/old perspective. Not a bad thng, it's simply that we seem to have to get further down life's road to gain that sight, and hhitting thirty is a part of that.

    Hope your day was fabulous! Mary

    ReplyDelete