Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Wonderful Little Spit Fire

Julia is my little angel. However, she does not hesitate testing her boundaries. She was quite the little spit fire in the store a few weeks ago. We were at Wal-mart and one of the many things we needed to get were snow boots. Well, lucky for Julia, they had PRINCESS snow boots! You can imagine the joy she felt! It was a very busy day at Wal-mart, so when she requested to get down and walk, I explained why she couldn't. After more insisting, she got very frustrated.

That's when she reached up and grabbed my hair, pulling it with both fists. Then she quickly reached up and (wanting to hit me) tapped my face with a little hesitation. Followed by a little bite on my knuckle while I was holding the cart handle!

I just stood there staring at her thinking, "this wasn't in any of my parenting books!"

Then I said, "Sorry you hurt mommy. Now you have to put the princess boots back." I got the princess snow boots out of the cart and put them on the shelf. Which didn't seem to phase her. SO then I told her to wave bye bye to the boots. That's when she got disappointed about it.

Since then she hasn't done anything like that again. Hopefully she never will. I love that little spit fire, either way!

(And yes, she did get snow boots another day, just plain pink ones though.)

1 comment:

  1. It's those terrible twos coming on! I have to admit, though, it wasn't as bad as everyone told me it would be. We all have times like this, where your child is unrecognizable with his/her actions, and you say to yourself, What have you done with my sweet kid?? Luckily, those moments pass, and just as you said here, the good times far outweigh the bad, and she'll always be your angel. Even if you are a few hairs shorter of a full-head. :)

    ReplyDelete