Sunday, March 29, 2009

All Better

I have good news on that taboo subject...

Hip, hip, hooray! Last week (wk 4) is when nursing started becoming less painful. A lot of healing has happened and my sister, Shana, helped by making me sit back and relax. Julia will be 6 weeks tomorrow and we are now enjoying this special time together.

However, Julia feeds for a long time!
A typical day looks like this:
7am-1pm constant feeding (not even a five minute break)
1pm-4pm nap
4pm-10pm constant feeding
10pm-3am sleep
3am-5am feeding
5am-7am sleep


I find myself spending all morning and all evening on the couch nursing. The only time I get up is during her afternoon nap. So I found this terrific baby carrier that I can move in and she can nurse. Yesterday we purchased it and today I have been doing some housework and loving it! 5 weeks on the couch was too much for me. I still love to sit and nurse to connect, but it is nice to have some freedom back. Breastfeeding has taken a lot of dedication from me, I stuck with it and now I am so glad I did.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, it will get better and easier! Once my nursers got to six weeks I was able to actually take them off the breast and get them onto some sort of schedule. I always found that taking them out of the house was an easy way to get them t stop nursing. I know that sounds obvious but I made it a point to get them strapped into the car seat and out of the house so they would stop nursing. If I was home they needed to be at the breast but out in the world there was way too much to see!
    I also became an expert at walking, nursing and pushing a stroller! Multi tasking is key.
    Enjoy every minute, they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete