Saturday, October 10, 2009

Strawberry Hemangioma

Sweet Julia, you were born with 2 birthmarks.

One is a large, very light, blotchy one on your left forearm. It is so subtle, no one but your dad and I have noticed it.

Your other birthmark is on the left side of your forehead. I think it is in a similar shape of a butterfly. Your dad likes to say it is your kiss target. It is dark and has become your trademark. Everywhere we go, everyone notices it and asked if you bumped your head. I tell them that it is your 'strawberry.' However, the correct name is strawberry hemangioma. It is the type of birthmark that completely disappears by age 5. I wanted to write about it because I don't want to forget to tell you about it... and I will miss your strawberry butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment